Building an email list from the ground up can be extremely challenging. Your list is an important part of your business, and it requires management and regular maintenance, including regular email list cleaning. Most list owners are not even aware of the need for list cleaning. You may be interested in knowing more about the best practices for list management and maintenance:
- When people opt in to your list, it should be via double opt-in, meaning that they must respond to a link in an email that is automatically sent to their email when they sign up for your list. This ensures that the email address they have provided is valid and that they did actually want to sign up for your email list.
- Be extremely careful to provide content that your readers are interested in. Over deliver on your promises and stay within the specific topic that you have promised to deliver. It is a mistake to try to “branch out” into unrelated areas within your chosen subject. People want to receive what they sign up for, nothing more. It would also be a good idea to outline the topics you will cover in your emails and what subscribers can expect from their subscription in your initial “welcome” email.
- As your list grows, you will need to clean it regularly, using an email hygiene process to ensure that unresponsive emails and “bad” email addresses are removed.
- Always provide a clear link in your email where recipients are able to unsubscribe. If people have to search for a link and cannot find one, they may make a spam complaint instead. If you receive too many spam complaints, your ISP may cut off your internet service.
- Provide an email where your subscribers can email you and invite them to get in touch with you with any comments or questions they may have. Being responsive to your list can be a way to gain loyalty and trust from your subscribers.
Many list owners do not come across the need for email hygiene services because their lists never grow that large. For the business owner that has thousands of subscribers, the task of keeping an email list clean and responsive can be daunting. Thankfully, there are companies available that can take of this important task for you, leaving you to do what you do best – running your business.
Article From: www.listwisehq.com